Safe Space Policy
All attendees are expected to abide by the Girl Develop It Code of Conduct.
To further our mission of making this event a supportive, non-threatening environment, Website Weekend employs the following safe space policy:
- We enter this space with a commitment to mutual respect.
- We respect everyone’s names, preferred gender pronouns, expressed identities, and experiences. We promote mutual appreciation, personal empowerment, and understand that no one is required to share information about their identities or experience(s).
- We commit to making spaces as accessible as possible; physically, socially, and personally.
- We do not engage in violence or threats.
- We obtain explicit consent for physical touch or using others’ belongings.
- We recognize that certain behavior can be triggering for individuals, such as trivializing or dismissing someone’s thoughts or experiences.
- We commit to creating opportunities for all voices to be heard.
- We accept a shared responsibility where we hold ourselves and one another accountable to these agreements without violence, judgment, or assumption of intent.
- We encourage open minds and open hearts.
- We promote inclusive learning spaces. We encourage anyone who is feeling less than familiar with terminology, concepts, or context to ask questions in the spirit of personal growth.
Accessibility and Awareness
Website Weekend is dedicated to promoting accessible, safe, inclusive spaces throughout the event. Volunteers will be onsite and available to anyone requiring assistance or support in any capacity. Volunteers will be wearing clearly identifiable name tags in case of any issue that needs to be addressed arises.
In the event that a person is harmed or triggered by a situation or participant, or experiencing difficulty in any capacity, it is up to their discretion to bring it to the attention of Website Weekend organizers. We guarantee privacy and confidentiality in such an event and will do our best to honor the individual’s needs.
We respect confidentiality and protect all shared personal information. You can reach us here.